STRENGTHEN YOUR EMOTIONAL IMMUNITY
from Dr. Keesha Ewers and Dr. Harry Massey
Emotions turn on our immunity, and they switch it off. Positive emotions boost immunity. Emotions of anxiety and fear are directly linked to depressed immunity…over days of negative emotions, subjects studied had 50% less antibodies and were 3 times more likely to catch viruses.
Why? Emotional oscillators in our brains continue to send out the kinds of vibrations that are aligned with the feelings we experience most often. This affects our hormone balance, blood pressure, organ function, reflexes, our ability to vocalize feelings, and of course, our immune response.
So, try to minimize news and negative social media, to 10 minutes/day or less.
Practices which cultivate gratitude and joyful feelings in our hearts on a regular basis, match these emotions and their subsequent vibrations to the neurons in our brains, which then send corrective information to our DNA. Our heart “talks” to our entire body, correcting distortions in every cell. Wow!
Stay strong and healthy in your mind…Be aware of which kinds of stories you habitually tell yourself.
6 Practices To Cultivate Emotional Immunity:
Write out your fears…you’ll feel heard & understood & releived
Do regular breathing exercises (pranayama), which are very healing to the emotional body
Practice be-ing, instead of do-ing
Establish a meditation practice…getting your butt on the cushion for even just 5 minutes regularly helps tremendously
Be quiet & let yourself feel the reality of the world…it’s okay to feel sadness/anger/frustration/disappointment/fatigue/etc….the only way out of these emotions is THROUGH them…if we keep pushing unpleasant emotions aside, we are blocking energy that wants to move through us, and we are thusly more likely to experience illness
Do your emotional healing work to release trauma and stress (books/programs by Peter Levine, etc)
Foods/Supplements TO PREVENT Getting Coronavirus
from Dr. Mercola, Dr. Douillard, Anthony William, and Chris Wark
BOOST IMMUNITY WITH NUTRIENTS:
VITAMIN C IS VITAL…Vitamin C has two major functions that help explain its potent health benefits. First, it acts as a powerful antioxidant. It also acts as a cofactor for enzymatic processes. Vit C Foods: citrus, tomato, pineapple, berries, kiwi, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cayenne, all peppers…low dose, food-state vitamin C every 2 hours throughout the day is ideal.
INCREASE VITAMIN D INTAKE…Research shows vitamin D3 supplementation lowers the risk of respiratory illnesses and lung infections in the elderly by 40%. Boost your immune system with regular sensibly controlled sun exposure and, when unable to do that, take 2,000-5,000 IU of oral vitamin D3
Take Pre-, Pro- and Sporebiotics (such as Primal Defense OR Jarrow OR Complete Probiotics (mercola.com)…freeze-dried probiotics are potent and don’t need to be refrigerated
Other supplements that boost immunity….spirulina, beta-glucan, glucosamine, minerals: zinc, magnesium, copper & selenium, lipoic acid, sulforaphane, resveratrol
Glutathione…sulfur-rich vegetables increases glutathione levels: cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, watercress and mustard greens, as well as garlic, shallots and onions. Beef, poultry, fish are especially great for glutathione production. Vit C foods like: strawberries, citrus fruits, papayas, kiwis and peppers/cayenne. Selenium is a cofactor for the production of glutathione. Fish, organ meats, and Brazil nuts are all selenium-rich foods that may help increase your levels naturally. Include foods naturally high in glutathione, like avocados, spinach, and okra.
Eat: Alkalize your body with tons of veggies and fruits. What makes me feel great is a whole food diet consisting of 40-50% green, non-starchy veggies…I like a low-glycemic Mediterranean Diet with sprouted & simmered whole grains instead of pasta, plenty of beans & legumes, good fats, and small amounts of good quality fish/chicken/lamb optional occasionally. Shiitake mushrooms are specifically immune-boosting…Lots of raw ginger and raw garlic boost immunity too…Winter squash/yam/carrot for food-state vitamin A. The more you can incorporate whole foods into your diet, the less room there will be for white flour products, chips, cookies, crackers, etc…
Triphala: Indian herbs for bowl/liver/immunity: alamlaki/bibhitake/haritake (LifeSpa.com)
Chywanprash: Indian herb blend for all-around health & adaptability/stress (LifeSpa.com)
Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbs: Yin Chau
Immuno-Core by Functional Nutrients (Dr. Keesha Ewers: www.drkeesha.com)
Use Acupressure Points on hands/feet to boost immunity
Get Good Sleep…up to 80mg of MELATONIN is helpful AND fights viruses! (Mercola 4/1/20)
Seven Types of Food To Boost Immunity for Flu Season…(Mercola 4/12/20)
There are plenty of natural strategies to help protect yourself from all of the viruses and bacterial infections going around, and adding immune-boosting foods to your diet is one of them. Here are seven healthy types of food for flu season:
Foods Rich in Vitamin C — Vitamin C is a powerful healing antioxidant known for its benefits for many infectious diseases. Studies have shown that regular supplementation with vitamin C boosts immune function and can help reduce the duration of illness. Foods high in vitamin C include:
1. Kiwi/Citrus/Tomatoes/Papaya/Brussels/Broccoli/Kale/Cayenne/Red Bell Pepper/Butternut/Sweet Potatoes
2. Chicken Soup — As noted earlier, if your mother or grandmother made chicken soup when you were sick as a child, they were on the right track. Chicken soup made with bone broth is excellent for speeding healing thanks to the abundant minerals and amino acids it contains.
3. Fermented Foods — Fermented foods such as kefir, kimchee, miso, pickles and sauerkraut help reseed your gut with beneficial bacteria and strengthen your immune response.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar — Thanks to its antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties, apple cider vinegar can help boost your immune function and help your body fight harmful inflammation.
5. Garlic — Garlic is a potent antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agent. Ideally, it’s best to consume it raw and crush it just before eating to absorb its benefits in full.
6. Organic Vegetables — Dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach, collard greens and Swiss chard contain powerful antioxidants, flavonoids, carotenoids and vitamin C — all of which help protect against infections. Ideally, opt for organic locally grown veggies that are in season, and consider eating a fair amount of them raw. Juicing is an excellent way to get more greens into your diet.
7. Raw, Grass Fed Organic Milk — This type of milk contains beneficial bacteria and fats that prime your immune system. It’s also a good source of vitamin A and zinc. Pasteurized dairy products are best avoided, as they may actually promote respiratory problems such as recurring colds, congestion and bronchitis.
Make sure you are drinking plenty of fresh, pure water. Water is essential for the optimal function of every system in your body, and will help with nose stuffiness and loosening secretions. You should drink enough water so that your urine is a light, pale yellow.
What Not to Eat When You’re Under the Weather
While you’re sick it’s important to avoid sugar, alcohol and greasy foods. On the one hand, your body needs all the energy it can get to go toward fighting off the illness. On the other, it’s important not to overeat or consume unhealthy foods.
If you feel yourself coming down with something like a cold or flu, this is not the time to be eating sugar, artificial sweeteners or processed foods. Sugar is particularly damaging to your immune system, which needs to be ramped up to combat an emerging infection.
So, if you are fighting the flu, you’ll want to avoid sugar, and this includes sugar in the form of fruit juice and even grains (which break down as sugar in your body).
RECIPE which uses many of these foods:
HERBS To Boost Immunity
Drink Ginger Tea (hot) throughout the day
Simple Immuni-Tea…Simmer in 3qts of water:
2Tbsp Astragalus Root for 10 min
Next, add 1Tbsp dried Elderberries and simmer another 3 min
Lastly, add 2Tbsp dried Lemon Balm herb, turn off heat, and steep for 3 minutes
Strain, refrigerate, and enjoy a cup this tea, twice a day, over the next 5-7 days
Joseph Mercola Says: Build A Strong Immune System By…
as much as you can, avoid processed foods, sugar, alcohol, and don’t smoke
supporting your gut microbiome with probiotics and sporebiotics
eating foods high in vitamins and minerals
staying connected to others via phone/text/online
de-stressing regularly (beginning meditation is excellent!)
getting plenty of exercise, fresh air, and sunshine
get good quality sleep
Anthony William Says, For Ultimate Virus Protection…
reduce fats/oils & replace with avocado, nuts/seeds (avoid ALL fats before 12 noon)
eliminate eggs, dairy, wheat, pork, corn, refined sugar, refined oils, and refined salt
avoid all raw or undercooked food and ice
use copper cookware/cups, wear copper bracelets, hang copper decorations around your house (but ingesting more than 1 gram (1000mg) copper daily can be toxic)
stay peaceful/out of fear/present-minded and try not to worry about “what if”…You don’t have to be fearful in order to be careful
FOR ACUTE CORONAVIRUS CONDITIONS:
Cellular and molecular biologist Judy Mikovits, Ph.D. believes COVID-19 — the disease — is not caused by SARS-CoV-2 alone, but rather that it’s the result of a combination of SARS-CoV-2 and XMRVs (human gammaretroviruses)
SARS-CoV-2 also appears to have been manipulated to include components of HIV that destroys immune function along with XMRVs.
Those already infected with XMRVs may end up getting serious COVID-19 infection and/or die from the disease. Mikovits’s research suggests more than 30 million Americans carry XMRVs and other gammaretroviruses in their bodies from contaminated vaccines and blood supply.
Mikovits believes 40 years of data suggest Type 1 interferon at very low dose would be an ideal treatment for COVID-19.
RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) testing, currently used to diagnose active infection by detecting the presence of SARS-CoV-2 genetic material, overestimates infection rates. For an accurate account of COVID-19 prevalence, we need to test for antibodies.
Onion Poultice may work for some people
Cut 1/2 white onion into very small pieces (1/2 inch), and place on a tea towel or piece 14”x14” piece of t-shirt, then mash with a pestle. Fold over cloth and apply directly to chest wherever feeling pain/inflammation and leave for 12hrs. May cause skin irritation, so give your skin a break once symptoms subside.
Breathing onion vapors throughout the day may be enough!
OZONE THERAPY !!
Covid Critical Care Protocol…Mercola 5/31/20
Despite the fact that many critical care specialists are using treatment protocols that differ from standard of care, information about natural therapeutics in particular are still being suppressed by the media and is not received by critical care physicians
Five critical care physicians have formed the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Working Group (FLCCC). The group has developed a highly effective treatment protocol known as MATH+
Of the more than 100 hospitalized COVID-19 patients treated with the MATH+ protocol as of mid-April, only two died. Both were in their 80s and had advanced chronic medical conditions
The protocols call for the use of intravenous methylprednisolone, vitamin C and subcutaneous heparin within six hours of admission into the hospital, along with high-flow nasal oxygen. Optional additions include thiamine, zinc and vitamin D
COVID-19 kills by triggering hyperinflammation, hypercoagulation and hypoxia. The MATH+ protocol addresses these three core pathological processes
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) encourages glutathione production, thins mucus, lowers your chances of influenza infection and reduces your risk of developing severe bronchitis.
Liquid Zinc Sulfate…1 dropperfull 3x/day for 2-3 days (or every 3hrs for up to 2 days for very acute conditions)…Squirt liquid onto back of throat and let sit for 1 minute before swallowing. Zinc is one nutrient that plays a very important role in your immune system’s ability to ward off viral infections, and may play a vastly underrated role in the COVID-19 pandemic. Zinc is vital for healthy immune function and a combination of zinc with a zinc ionophore (zinc transport molecule) was in 2010 shown to block viral replication of SARS coronavirus in a cell culture within minutes. Zinc alone is incapable of fully stopping viral replication as it cannot easily enter through the fatty wall of a cell. Getting all the way into the cell is crucial, as this is where the viral replication occurs. The antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine appears to work against COVID-19 by improving zinc uptake into cells. Natural zinc ionophores that improve zinc absorption include quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG found in green tea), noting many of the biological actions of these compounds may in fact be related to their ability to increase cellular zinc uptake.
Poor Man’s Coronavirus Defense:
A natural antibiotic such as cinnamon extract or oil of oregano
Quercetin as a zinc ionophore (to enhance zinc entrance into cells)
Zinc, up to 30 milligrams per day
Vitamin B3 (niacin), 25-50mg per day, and selenium which boosts bioavailability of zinc
Should zinc turn out to be in short supply, consider eating more zinc-rich foods…Examples include hemp, sesame and pumpkin seeds, cacao powder, cheddar cheese, and seafood such as oysters, Alaskan crab, shrimp and mussels.
B-12 w/methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin (I like Jarrow brand B-Right (B Complex which also includes B3)
Quercetin…It may offer benefits as a treatment for SARS coronavirus infections. Quercetin offers great promise as a potential supplement in the clinical treatment of SARS.
Minerals: zinc, magnesium, copper, selenium, iodine (“Essential Minerals” are great from LifeSpa.com)
High Doses of Vit C & D (Mercola.com for more details/dosages) As of 4/6/20 Vitamins C and D are finally being adopted in the conventional treatment of novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. This fortunate turn of events is likely to save thousands of lives, while keeping health care costs down. Seriously ill coronavirus patients in New York state’s largest hospital system receive 1,500 milligrams of intravenous vitamin C three to four times a day, in conjunction with other conventional treatments
Vitamin C at extremely high doses acts as an antiviral drug, actually killing viruses.
In recent articles, former CDC chief Dr. Tom Frieden and Dr. John C. Umhau, a public health specialist at NIH, highlight the usefulness of sun exposure and/or vitamin D supplementation to reduce your risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection .
Although vitamin D does not appear to have a direct effect on viruses, it does strengthen immune function, thus allowing the host body to combat the virus more effectively. It also suppresses inflammatory processes.
Get Good Sleep…up to 80mg of MELATONIN is helpful AND fights viruses! (Mercola 4/1/20)
Triphala: Indian herb combo for bowl/liver/immunity: alamlaki/bibhitake/haritake (LifeSpa.com)
Viranol by Functional Nutrients (Dr. Keesha Ewers)
HERBS To Help Heal From Coronavirus
(consult your health practitioner before choosing herbs)
Cat’s Claw & Lemon Balm
Grate a 2 inch piece of raw ginger into 2 cups water with 3 bruised sprigs of thyme and the juice form 1/2 a lemon, and let sit for 30 minutes.
Strain & drink…You can sweeten w/a small amount of raw honey (1tsp) if desired.
Store the rest on the fridge for up to 5 days.
Other Tips For Prevention & Healing…
Try not to drink cold drinks…instead, sip warm drinks like teas or warm lemon water throughout the day, as coronavirus is often breathed in and trapped in the throat/sinuses for days before it establishes itself. So, warm liquids help flush it into the stomach where it’s way less likely to take hold in your system.
If you DO get a sore throat, every three hours, gargle for at least 20 seconds with a cup of warm water with 1tsp salt and 10 drops Grapefruit Seed Extract.
Hot sauna baths twice a day for 20 minutes reduce chances of viral infection by 50% because viruses can’t withstand heat (only has to be 133 degrees F ). Regular sauna baths work because coronavirus initially hangs out in the sinuses/throat and breathing in hot air can kill it. If the virus has set in and you’re having acute conditions, you can take take hot saunas for 15 minutes up to 5 times/day (remember, fever is the body’s way of handling viruses – for every 1 degree rise in body temperature, white blood cells can travel 4 times faster to attack viruses).
Another heat therapy option would be to spritz your mouth and nose with cool water while alternately breathing in the warm air from a hairdryer for 5 minutes at time (spritz every 10 seconds to keep your face cool), or up to 5x/day for acute sore throat.
Essential Supplements I take all year round
(for overall health AND to strengthen immunity)
Essential Minerals (www.lifespa.com)
Jarrow brand Krill Oil…Compared to fish oil, krill oil is much more sustainably grown and harvested, will not give you the “fish burps”, has higher potency, and contains natural phospholipids which makes it more readily absorbed, contains astaxanthin (a powerful antioxidant, which makes if far less prone to oxidation), is virtually contaminant (mercury) free, and has a superior metabolic influence.
Jarrow brand B-Right (B-complex)
Vit C with bioflavonoids
Probiotic such as Primal Defense OR Jarrow OR Complete Probiotics (www.mercola.com)
Freeze-dried probiotics are potent and don’t need to be refrigerated.
To create a probiotic-supportive environment in the intestines,
eat according to Food Combining Principles,
which are also beneficial for digestion & assimilation of nutrients:
To prime the pump for best digestion, your first bite should be the highest-in-protein, salty or sour food on your plate
Don’t drink more than 4oz of liquid w/meals, so as not to dilute stomach enzymes/acids
For those with poor digestion, eat proteins and starches in separate meals
Concentrated proteins such as nuts, seeds, meat and eggs digest much more easily if consumed in smaller ratios to starches (ideally 1:5 ratio)
Eat no more than 2 different starches per meal. (i.e. yams and rice)
Green, non-starchy veggies help in the digestion of both proteins and starches…kale, broccoli, asparagus, sea vegetables, celery, onion, sprouts, cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, and cabbage
Eat sweet foods alone or in small amounts at the end of the meal
Eat until you feel 80% full, then stop
Eat melons and citrus alone…wait 2hrs before and after meals
(#10: SAFE HANDLING of GROCERIES!)
Along with the right antiviral foods and supplements, the best way to protect yourself from viruses is to take some steps to minimize exposure or kill off anything you are exposed to immediately. This knowledge is meant to empower you so you can take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. It’s critical to have the knowledge that pathogens are easy to contract if we are not careful, especially during these times. Below you will find some of the top tips to protect yourself.
1. Wash your hands regularly, especially right when you come home after going out. Use warm water, be generous on soap, and lather your hands thoroughly. Thorough hand-washing is more effective than hand-sanitizer, and anti-bacterial soap is NOT needed.
2. If your hands haven’t just been washed, don’t touch your face (especially your mouth, ears, eyes, and nose) or eat with your hands. It’s extremely helpful to get into a practice of just not touching your face regularly. This includes rubbing your eyes, touching your mouth, scratching your ears, picking your nose, and biting your nails. Keep your fingers away from your face as much as possible. This alone can help you avoid contracting any virus or bug around you.
3. If you can, try to avoid shaking hands or use hand sanitizer or wash your hands well afterward.
4. Use disinfectant-wipes, hand sanitizers, and gloves to keep your hands clean and kill off anything you do come into contact with.
5. Wear gloves when pumping gas.
6. Wash your hands well after handling cash or credit cards.
7. Wipe down your grocery cart or grocery basket handles with hand sanitizer or disinfectant-wipes. WITH DISINFECTANT WIPES, WIPE DOWN YOUR CELL PHONE/CREDIT CARDS/EVERYTHING NON-POROUS that you touched while you were out in the world (porous surfaces, like cardboard/cloth grocery bags, need to sit untouched for 1 full day).
8. Don’t touch public door handles, sink taps, toilet handles, and toilet flush buttons/levers with hand sanitizer or disinfectant-wipes, use a paper towel or your shirt to grab them, or avoid touching them altogether when possible.
9. Avoid raw (salads, etc.) or under-cooked food from restaurants. Food needs to be heated to at least 150 degrees F for any viruses to be killed off.
Ask for no ice in drinks at restaurants or coffee shops. Ice is often kept in a place that is open to air, sweat, or other exposures, or people working there may pick up the ice with their hands.
10. Foods from the grocery store with a skin such as bananas and oranges, need to be washed, scrubbed with soapy water, and rinsed well. For now, avoid raw fruits and veggies without a peel that are eaten raw like: cilantro, lettuces, arugula, baby carrots, etc. This virus lives on non-porous surfaces like fruit skins (scrub w/soapy water & rinse), plastic, and metal for 3 days (some say 2-3 weeks!), so wipe down ALL surfaces (bread bags, produce bags, glass jars, plastic containers, countertops, tabletops, sinks, etc,) or transfer foods carefully into clean containers at home, throwing away the original bag/container from the grocery store, then put the plastic grocery bags AND your cloth grocery shopping bags out of the house to sit somewhere untouched for at least 3 days. Then wipe down all countertops/tabletops/surfaces that the grocery bags touched.
*In place of disinfectant wipes, you can put on dish gloves and use a rag soaked with bleach water (1/3 cup bleach in 1 gallon water). I’ve been wearing gloves in the grocery store, then taking one glove off to open the car door handle, putting the bags in the car with my gloved hand, setting the tainted gloves on the floorboards while I drive home, opening the car door from the inside with a clean hand, but then putting the gloves on again before bringing groceries into the house, sanitizing the groceries, and promptly getting the grocery bags outside to sit for 3 days.
11. When you have packages delivered, leave them to air outside for a day (or two days whenever possible). If you need to bring them inside, consider wearing gloves and putting them in your garage or another space that you won’t need to use like an entryway closet. If you have to open a package as soon as it arrives, try to wear gloves to handle the package.
12. Don’t wear the same clothes all day long if you have left your home. When you come home from being out or at work or shopping, put your clothes in a “tainted clothing area” away from other clothes (or better, hang them out in the sun!), and change into clean clothes.
13. It’s best to also shower and wash your hair directly after arrival home, as this virus clings to clothing and hair.
14. When masks are available, you have the option to use them when entering crowded public places like on planes and in airports, which will somewhat reduce your chances of exposure.
A Word On Anti-Viral Practices
I know this is tedious and time-consuming, but please use it as a mindfulness practice, or a walking meditation.
You can think of how lucky you are to actually have this information early on, and how worth this extra time/care your precious life is…and the lives of others…
When you don’t get exposed, you aren’t going to unconsciously spread it to hundreds of other people, which is the reason for the exponential growth curve/rate of infection.
10 MOST COMMON PLACES PEOPLE CATCH VIRUSES:
Health Care Facilities
After caring for ill people/cuts/wounds
After diaper changes